Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Dog Keeps Drinking Tons Of Water My Dog Has Pyrometra PLEASE HELP?

My dog has pyrometra PLEASE HELP? - my dog keeps drinking tons of water

I feel as if I'm on an emotional roller coaster. 10 days ago, my dog was diagnosed with a pyrometer. She is 8 years intact and has never had puppies. The vet started her on antibiotics and vitamins of group B. They did not eat, drink tons of water discharge and a lot of weight loss and very lethargic. At first I thought the antibiotics worked, as he began to eat more (although he continued to drink tons of water) and had more energy. Then, yesterday seemed to deteriorate again, and today he refused all food, including steak, try dinner (his favorite and was the wet food and the food you want, because they do not, "she wants kibble. To put on weight) Today was the vet and the vet said he was not likely to survive the surgery would be and said I should you to sleep. lost more weight during the 10 days. I told him I needed time to think. I can not give up. So, tonight, she is eating again! ate his roast beef and ham, tuna and potato ground. I want to try an operation. Since far that I see, it is likely that without the surgery so why not get a chance on the right side of the operation? I will ask the vet, the (Farley Foundation to ask in my name, pay for the operation is about 2000) I'm on disability costs, and can not afford. If the veterinarian does not find a bad habit that a. But I need to know - what I am doing the right thing? He put my dog through surgery great fair or am I so badly want to do more to lead the cause of their suffering selfish? What is the prognosis after surgery of this kind? I think the vet just wants to throw in the towel and do not give my dog a good chance to beat, but I wonder whether it might be realistic, and I do not see things as they are. But their feeling tonight gives me good hope. Please give me some advice.

6 comments:

Tammy D said...

If you have a dog, sleeping on the doctor uses a needle to inject the drug to stop his breathing and heartbeat.

If you have a dog, who operated on, the doctor uses a needle for drugs that will inject unconscious during surgery. If she dies in the following table, what is the difference in your head? What additional suffering that has happened?

I was always surgery. But the vet is probably right, it probably will not survive the operation. As you said your dog has already) polydipsia (excessive alcohol consumption, which means that at least the second level of pyometra made. But if it continues to discharge then there is hope. survive only a small chance of their dog, but if you go see the surgery or someone who can pay the price, there will be able to afford. If the dog continues to mean that the cervix is not yet complete relief. This means that they continue to lose excess fluid and infections of the vulva. Once the cervix is closed so the only place to go jogging through theSystem of blood to the kidneys filter urine. This means that the kidneys are overloaded with fluids from the uterus and not from the filter and normal things that go the kidneys to organ failure and other causes quickly.

But in the end if you can afford it or a friend or family member can afford to, I can say go for it. There is no difference in pain, when you put your dream OT or dies on the table. But I do not hear that part. If you try to create an organization to receive pay for it, which should only get a place to sleep. The organza need to have hundreds of animals who need help. You need to understand that you ask a lot of money and a long time for it. Are necessary to preserve their resources for animals that are young and have a better chance of survival. I understand what you feel, but you have to think that the statistics here. Money is by far would be enough for some young animals can be used for the treatment of certain diseases cured. $2000 at least 15 medium sized dogs can with verses from the heart.

Single Worker 1230 said...

Too bad she was not sterile, when it was first diagnosed, or before. When I do the surgery tomorrow. The longer you wait, the more risks and fewer chances for life. If you are not the surgery please humanly euthanized. Pyometria die in an unpleasant way.

Animal Artwork & Arctic Eyes said...

It was 10 days ago, when it was revealed pyometra.

Pyometra is (easier to treat and prevent) sterilization. The only other treatment of high doses of antibiotics and prostaglandins (hormones), which is not always successful.

Dances With Woofs! said...

It must start sterilization. Get to the vet tomorrow and ask him to IV antibiotics and will be sterilized prior to septic it! She could still die, but surely die if not spayed!

Maxi said...

http://neuterspay.org/

Thwarted said...

and the infection is probably very bad for your vet to say, but say a lot of blood on the health of the dog, infusions also help us much, but the surgery is really the best option for the treatment of pyometra. How is your measure?
The prognosis depends on the health of the dogs. With tons of relief is probably an open pyometra) (purulent drainage, which is a good thing. However, no secondary problem, if left too long, is very demanding in the kidney

Post a Comment